April 28, 2005

A thing of the past recaptured

Where I work, every Wednesday is what we call 'Staff games day'. A group of us would either play badminton or captain's ball or frisbee or basically, any form of sports that is do-able.

I usually can't stay for it cos Wednesdays are my tuition days. However, I stayed yesterday to play. It was basketball, Captain's ball and frisbee yesterday. For about 2 hours, we sweated it out at the school basketball court.

I used to be a basketball player in my Pri 6 - Sec 4 days. I was in the school basket ball team in my secondary school. hehe... this comes to most friends as a surprise. hello?!?!

I used to play basketball every Saturday and Sunday afternoons at the community club near where I used to live. My first real crush occurred during one basketball session when my friends brought along her cousin. He was very cute. =P

Basketball makes up a rather important part of my growing up from a kid to a teenager. It's something that I had sustained interest in during the confusing stage from a kid to a teenager.

'Gorilla', 'Rebound', 'slam', 'Air ball', 'Silent ball', 'angle', 'cut', 'intercept', '1-on-1', 'full court'. 'half court', 'Long distance', 'lay-up', 'red box', 'foul', 'no jump', 'guard', 'Pri 1-6', 'Secondary', 'free throw', '3 point', etc... The terms very familiar to me from then.

I enjoyed the game a lot yesterday. Even though I must have came across as super cool and bored yesterday when I was shooting the basket. I was truly complimented when Delly said I was fierce competition. haha.. I sorta forgot I could run and steal the ball under someone's eyes until yesterday. It felt extremely shiok! So does the aching back thigh that I'm having now. Shiok to feel aches when you know the aches are from a good work out. = )

Plus, I feel more in shape (notice the use of the word 'feel'), and since I'm sleeping earlier and drinking more milk (conscious decision after I thought about my bone mass and my weight), more alert and heathier.

Happier? Don't know. But Evon just asked if I'm ok with things in school yesterday. When I told her she was beginning to sound like cute VP, she said she's concerned... Hmm, it says something about yourself when people around you at work start asking if you are all right a few times everyday.

So, is there something that I should know and don't yet? As for the rest of you, pls don't join in the my 'Are you OK?' gang. I'm trying to figure it out already.

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 10:09